Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oh Captain! My Captain!

I saw this figurine of Captain Moroni and instantly knew I had found a centerpiece for the kitchen table. My Book of Mormon role model, now in plastic:













Yesterday I felt like I needed a haircut so I walked down to the nearest barbershop and paid $14 including tip for what turned out to be $14 too much. I need to find someone like Lloyd - my previous barber - 80 years young and as sharp as his clippers.

Tonight was one of those nights; tots and ice cream...

3 comments:

Jane said...

That dude is buff. Can I get a life sized one for my room?
It is so tough to find a good hair person, Tarzan uses Supercuts but I did not have a pleasant time with them. But once you find one, make them move when you do...

That Girl said...

Hey - one of Reva's devotees here -had to check you out. Are you blushing? Don't worry, I'm married.

So my son has that figurine and loves him. We are also the proud owners of a Stripling Warrior. (Although, frankly, Moroni is buffer. "Stripling" begets a certain expectation, don't you think?)

The best was when he took Moroni to school for show-and-tell. The teacher was rather confused about some Lamanites fighting with their knees (knee-fights ....)

Q said...

Real men idolize Teancum.