Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Sensation

While at the dentist's office for a cleaning, my permanent bottom retainer wire sprung loose much to my horror. Dentist said he didn't have time to take it out, so he graciously referred me to an orthodontist friend of his. For the remainder of the day I ate on the right side of mouth trying to evade the protruding metal hook from almost certain disaster. Well today I am a new man having rid myself of the wire prison that held me captive for a good 14 years. The sensation in my mouth is extraordinary. To quote an animated sitcom writer "It's like there's a party in my mouth, and everyone's invited!" Sooo strange but exciting now that I can floss freely and uninhibited. The world is my oyster and I intend to eat it all!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Nice. Now I have someone to share dentist stories and compare oral insanity with. Thank you!

Desiree said...

Hey, That is how we generally feel about Binghamton! The only great things we took away from there is a few friendships.

Desiree said...

I just realized that my comment was not just for the great picture of the Grizzly and the Salmon. That is how we feel about our Binghamton experience, not really like we had a wire poking us in the mouth - or like there was a party in our mouth once things were fixed.