Tuesday, July 5, 2011

...and I'm a Mormon

I consider myself a connoisseur of commercials, having amassed a sizable collection of personal favorites. The cinematography, music and punch lines combine to make memorable works of art (and hopefully sell something in the process).

In my latest search, I have happened upon some memorable commercials from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Each commercial emphasizes a gospel principle from the perspective of a given member of said church, drawing upon their own unique and sometimes challenging life experiences. I admit I am no Chuck Norris and I may have teared up watching some of them (but only a eensie weensie bit in the most manly way).

In my opinion, they are refreshing and feel good worthy of which I highly recommend regardless of belief system. Some of my favorites are Marco, Eric, Nadia, Allan, Victor, and Jane to name a few. Each week, I find myself looking forward to meeting someone new and seeing the beauty in life. Makes me wanna go and carpe some diem!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive. You Mormons are plastered all over New York City right now.
Don't get me wrong. That's probably a good thing, all things considered.

Anonymous said...

FOUR posts in two months! Be still my heart! Very good stuff and interesting travels. Looks like you are having a very fulfilling summer.
Good luck on your pending daddy-hood.
If your pattern persists your next post should pop up some time in September at which time I look forward to proud-daddy-baby-pictures.
May I be the first to congratulate you. Felicitations!