Wednesday, January 4, 2012

EXCEL lent

A nerdy hobby of mine is writing and tinkering with Excel macros. I'm no uber geek, but I enjoy the satisfaction of saving time and hassle. Overall, Excel is a simple tool to operate and not overly complicated to tweak. That may sound a bit bland, so here's a much more passionate take on the subject of tabular organization: Surveying the vast sea of individual cells all neatly aligned and formatted to my heart's content, they smile back at me as if specially wrapped chocolates and cry out: "Pick me! Pick me!"

Over the past year, my pet projects have included:
- Family Budget
- Recipe Organizer
- Food Storage Calculator
- Apartment/House Trade Study

I browse the internet for well designed templates and ideas, and then "supe up" the spreadsheet with automation and functions of interest. Looking back on it all I may not have saved myself eons of time; however, my brain kept active and young. In tribute, here's to staying young from a childhood mentor:


1 comment:

Jane said...

I love Excel. It's probably the most under appreciated of all the MS Office products. I clearly remember the day when I learned to enter a formula; it was magical.