Saturday, July 18, 2009

Be Excellent To Yourselves


For some time now my health has been anything but regular, though lately I've found a few ways to keep my mind and body at ease. Morning and afternoon walks through nearby Highland Park are relaxing, but add some pseudo Tai Chi Yoga and you've got a world of awesomeness. I always stop at my special post and begin warm-ups followed by an improvisatory routine of Tai Chi, learned from a DVD I ordered at Amazon.com, coupled with brief and simple Yoga poses found on the internet. In a strange way I feel like Rocky as he trains for the next big fight or Karate Kid as he balances on a pier, striking a sweet pose, and peering out into the deep expansive ocean. Sure the onlookers probably wonder what that tall skinny white dude is up to, but to me, I only hear the soft brushing of leaves in the wind. But enough soliloquy, go to your happy place(s)!

3 comments:

Jane said...

You never have minded what others think of you. That's some great self confidence dude. And if it makes you feel better - all the power to you.

Anonymous said...

I have recently discovered where my "happy place" is located. 'Tis among the incredibly peaceful, pastoral gounds of the London Temple an hour outside of the city of London.
Wide, expansive meadows...a beautiful pond and bridge...trees and flowers galore...the David O. McKay Oak (planted in 1958)...cool breeze and accompanying bird songs.
Put it on your "Bucket List."

Q said...

Mara can't wait to cook for you, and we're all looking forward to getting you healthy again. Be happy, we're here for you bro.