Saturday, August 15, 2009

Just Eat It.

Flabbergast: to overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound. This best describes my reaction when I found out Dad would be cooking for Grandpa during his trips to SoCal. I mean no insult when I say, this is the man whose idea of cooking revolves around bread and its conversion into toast.

Despite the bad wrap, I am thankful for my father's long-standing commitment to "just eat it." Truth be known, one of my biggest peeves is a picky eater. Perhaps if a 'no picky eating' lifestyle were adopted, there would be world peace. Hear me out; increased consumption of fruits, vegetables and fiber will lead to a grand exodus of gastrointestinal fumes, relieving stress and improving consistency. This boost in mental health will certainly help people better cope with one another and thus lay the ground work for global harmony. No picky eaters in my house I say. Choose you this day what you shall eat.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I too am a little worried about your poor father doing the cooking. The good news is your grandfather does not really care what it tastes like. As long as it looks like what he asked for, it's all good.