Monday, August 31, 2009

Strange Brew

In an attempt to cure the mysteriously persistent stomach problems, I have accepted to trial a most bizarre herbal concoction from my dearest mother. In preparation we needed to ascertain a few dark glass bottles but having none, chose to improvise them with a few black sharpie markers and duct tape. No, I have not lost my marbles, I've simply misplaced my trust in western medicine for a time :)

After stewing the herbs and other ingredients for a good 12 hours it was finally ready to serve. In all honesty it wasn't as bad as I thought, nothing at all like mom's hot tati recipe of death. So here's a toast to vitality and may you live to a hundred years!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Is it in any way similar to what your grandfather is drinking four times a day? Because he says "it tastes like stink" and he often purs it down the toilet. :-)
Is the concoction helping?

Phat Fiddle said...

One in the same, and stink it does. It gives me the worst gas after I wake up, I'll be glad when this 'cleansing' period concludes.