Thursday, September 3, 2009

My (little) Mountain

At just over 6800 feet above the fishies stands Green Mountain, the doorbell to the Rocky Mountains. Having spent much of my youth frolicking on it's lower steppes I felt like I was connected to my eminent friend; however, it has been only in the past few years that I have discovered my new playground of trails and stunning panoramic views.

Prophets in the scriptures would on several occasions climb to the tops of mountains and other high places to speak with God and receive His divine counsel. In somewhat similar fashion I too have trekked the heights seeking answers to prayer, and come away with a thankful heart.

After several days of haze, the clouds finally parted and I took full advantage of the weather to share a few pictures to y'all (click on the pictures for greater resolution):







3 comments:

Jane said...

Nice. I don't get too excited by mountains and stuff - not enough movement - but that's a very pretty view. Good for you. We should all have a place like that.

Liliya said...

come visit Provo - ill show you mountains!

Anonymous said...

Your happy place! Thanks for sharing. Many a Sunday walk spent here I dare say.