Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ask and Ye Shall Recieve

I learned an enlightening truth recently: the weaknesses of our mortal bodies help us to appreciate the Savior's Atonement in taking upon himself the "pains and the sicknesses of his people," (Alma 7:11). In a very real sense I was awakened to just how true that scripture is and the power of availing blessings. Three weeks ago I was exercising in the gym - perhaps stretching a little aggressively - followed by several rehearsals and a concert of the Mozart Requiem. These "normal" activities somehow triggered a series of back pains that left me a rigid walking corpse until yesterday, as I laid in bed experiencing frightening back and leg spasms, and ultimately came to the aforementioned realization: Ask for priesthood blessings. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is a free and miraculous gift to all who seek comfort when all hope seems to fade.

In light of these circumstances and also remembering the fact that there sits a sparkly corporate medical benefits plan totally untouched atop the top shelf like a proverbial cookie jar, I stuck my hand in a pulled out a chiropractor visit. Today happened to be my first "adjustment" which is just a fancy way for saying man-handled by a fully licensed professional 'bent' on subluxation jargon. This is not a sugar coated experience by any means especially for first timers such as myself; however, it sure beats the alternative. I did learn one helpful tip that saved me quite a bit of sleep last night: sleep on the floor.


not on the stomach silly :)

2 comments:

Jane said...

You should have told us, we would have let you sleep on the floor.

Anonymous said...

you look so cute!