Monday, January 11, 2010

Great Balls of Goodness

In the ever elusive quest to increase the gravitational force between myself and the center of the Earth, the fountain of fat remains yet to be discovered - but not on account of any dilly dallying mind you. Peradventure a savory morsel wanders within my arms reach, it's fate shall be sealed inside a mandibular prison.

There is one comestible that has of late attracted my attention. The macadamia nut packs quite a wallop (anybody know the history of the word 'wallop' by chance?); from the shores of it's fatty seas to it's mountainous peaks of fiber. With every bite, I welcome each conspicuous calorie. One, two, a bazillion... To borrow a phrase "it's like there's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited."

So in the attempted style of Ogden Nash, I pen my ode to the Macadamia Nut:

Heavenly orbs of triumph,
Always sweet; never bitter,
Makes me feel oh so fitter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're really putting your Roget's Thesaurus to good use in this wee ode. I'll have to go chomp on one of those fat balls to see what all the excitement is about.

Jane said...

Have you tried them dipped in chocolate?