Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Of Galaxies and Love

**Alert** This message may contain gushy romanticism. You have been warned.

Being an avid follower of all things space (minus the junk), I am fascinated by the motion of planets, stars and galaxies and their interaction between one another as part of a larger, more complex system. The celestial canvas has much in common with the relationship road-map by which we navigate in this Earth life. Our plotted ephemeris is, more often than not, influenced by the external forces of family and friends. So has my course been richly shaped. The planets have aligned in my solar network and it is truly wonderful; I am engaged to the girl of a thousand smiles, Alissa (pronounced Mona Lisa minus 'Mon').


I first met Alissa through the electronically-printed page and knew after reading just a few of her blog posts, that she was the girl I was going to marry - no joke - for time and all eternity. It is common knowledge that even when opportunity knocks, a man still has to get up off his seat and open the door, and no thousand mile journey to way-off door would deter this southern-bound traveler from making future. Open Sesame! Enter Beauty.

5 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

So sweet! And yet, still waiting for my ode :) I was talking with jared the other day about my choices for grad school and how I allllmost went to Cal State Long Beach. He made the comment that if I'd have moved to CA, I wouldn't have ever left - which is true. That one decision... I made it despite what I REALLY wanted to do, because I knew ASU was better for me, even though I was going to be miserable. And the rest, well, you know.

So, you're welcome! And I'm thrilled beyong belief :)

Jane said...

Congratulations! I've been waiting for the official announcement so I can let it out on my blog too - does this count?
So glad that you are both head over and so excited for this summer!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...(contented sigh.) A monkey with green thumbs and a Kermit who loves bananas, we make a good couple. :) You are amazing, that is all.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture, you look happy. Good. -Rhys

Chris said...

Congrats, D!