Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Got Guanabana?



As I was strolling down the international food isle at my local grocer I happened upon a promising quart of tropic fruit refreshment to quench my thirst. Later I discovered what looked so tempting really turned out to be a bona fide trip down corn syrup lane. In my defense it looked so tasty. Even the warm colors on the label which first caught my eyes seemed to draw me in closer with its siren song. Let this be a warning to all athirst and adventurous beverage bibbers; make careful inspection the ingredients label and if you see corn syrup simply walk away. If only I remembered my Indiana Jones quotes then I wouldn't have made such a poor choice. Choose wisely!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a guanabana anyway? Is it a legit fruit or a bit of south-o-the-border hype? What else is on that label? Does it have an identifiable taste and if so what is it? You tellin' us it's just lousy sugar water with a funky name? Where's the FDA on this? So many questions. Don't stop now Sherlock.

Jane said...

Haven't you seen the latest set of commericals?
"Corn syrup is made from corn, has the same calories as sugar and is fine in moderation..."
Drink up me harties!