Sunday, September 7, 2008

Musicana

Lately I've been composing short blocks of music based upon improvisatory musing between practicing awfully boring orchestral excerpts. Since starting this activity I've payed greater detail to what I hear on TV and movies soundtracks and it's incredible how well the composers can story tell along with the video. So I've decided to pick everyday subject material and write music tracks to go along with it. My last attempt to write a waltz came out really quirky. So far the only things that have sounded decent have been string orchestral sequences all in the key of g minor. What could possibly mirror this musical key you ask? It makes me think of driving to work or tying my shoe laces. Yeah, I'm pretty intense. My goal this week is to break into the happy friendly major keys.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Holy crap, that is seriously cool muzak. Plus, I write TONS of stuff in G minor and major. I have no clue why this is. Maybe it's just an easy key for us fiddlers to dream in?

Jane said...

I barely understand what you posted...something about a soundtrack for life? Anyway, it just goes to prove you are the smartest thing to ever wear pants that I have ever known. We are not worthy.