Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Admirable Professions (in no particular order)

Lately I've been thinking about people I admire which has led me to think about their chosen professions. Here's the list I compiled:

1) Snow Plowers
2) Rocket Scientists
3) Farmers
4) IT gurus
5) FDA scientists/quality assurance personnel
6) Firemen
7) Commercial Airline Pilots
8) Public Works - including Garbage men!
9) Music Teachers
10) Micro Drivers in Santiago, Chile
11) Surgeons
12) Policemen
13) Orchestra pit musicians
14) Beekeepers
15) Public School Teachers
16) Engineers
17) Air Traffic Controllers
18) Truck Driver
19) Dispatcher
20) Nurses
21) Military servicemen and women
22) Dentists
23) Supply Chain Managers - thanks Jared!
24) Chefs
25) Mothers

Next weeks list: 25 Not-so Admirable Professions

3 comments:

Jane said...

Interesting choices - most of them I get but what makes you admire pit musicians? And dentists?

Rocketgirl said...

Cool list! Jane, pit musicians have the crummiest job EVER, so they deserve lots and lots of praise. And although you DID say it was in no particular order... methinks you should rethink sticking Mothers at lowly number 25 since most of us are exhausted and have hormonal imbalances that can make us violent. Just a word of caution ;)

Floyd said...

Wow - I have you fooled. Where's the 25 worst? I have pics if you need them...