Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dallin vs. Dinner

The last few weeks have been part of my "what tastes good" dinner preparation experiment. My goal is to eventually have a 7-day meal plan where each entree is simple, tasty, and not exceeding an hour to prepare. So far many recipes have run the gauntlet of my kitchen though few ever surviving the 'nose' knows test. That's right, my nose is the most accurate sensory organ in my body, which draws no small attention to my unique dinner table etiquette. Call me strange but I keep a digital record of most successful dinner recipes for future reference. Just to showcase the past few days:


Monte Cristo Sandwiches


Missionary Surprise a la Polski (bread makes anything Polish - just ask my dad)



Balsamic and Garlic Chicken breasts



Chicken fingers with apricot sauce

3 comments:

A New Leaf said...

I recommend stirfrys... they're totally mindless. Make a sauce (soy sauce based, chili sauce based, or peanut based are all pretty simple, or easily bought premade), cut up meat and veggies, and heat up in a pan while you've got rice or noodles going in another pot on the stove. Blasting something serious from your sound system makes it taste even better. (Think Ben Folds, Mahler, etc.)

Jane said...

Remarkable presentation for a single guy - your older brother would eat his dinner out of the pot/pan he cooked it in before we got married.
I second the stir-fry idea and suggest also a pasta dish and a salad dish - for the summer.

Anonymous said...

Did you get these culinarily delightfuls from the Xmas cookbook Santa brung ya? Some good readin' amongst dem eats. Can't wait to make you some authentic chicken stew...the edible kind. You're eats look pertty. Did they taste as good as they look?