Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crowd Control

Throughout the ages of mankind's rumble and tumble upon the earth, numerous methods have been employed for the scattering of mobs, protesters, and other mad herding bovine. Science continues to play a pivotal role in developing more "humane" ways to do the job and now the promise of "safe" dispersion is just around the bend. Coined the Active Denial System (ADS), this highly effective tool emits a beam with millimeter-wavelength to shock the stubbornness out of just any living organism. The weapon is reportedly "not painful, but rather makes the target feel as if his or her clothes are going to catch fire." The dawn of the ray gun has arrived - and I wonder why more kids don't want to study math and science.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SWEET!!!

Jane said...

Holy smokes - I've seen those things on Modern Marvels and they can explode stuff too. Maybe I'm not such a rebel as I want to think of myself.