Monday, March 2, 2009

What makes you smile?

Today as I was walking between a forest of buildings I caught a midday glance of the outside world. I saw the sun and it painted a smile on my face. Maybe it's Old Man Winter but the perpetual gray skies that hang over Binghamton have zapped the zest of life out of me. Now I can't wait for Spring to arrive and then, Smokin' Lady Summer!

I watched the Sound of Music last weekend and found myself singing "Do Re Mi" all day long. That also made me smile. And did you ever realize what a babe Liezel was? Sure she's probably around my mother's age now but thanks to the gift of motion picture she is forever fine.

3 comments:

Jane said...

You crack me up. I have noticed that as I have aged, I have found different actors and outfits attractive - in the same movie!Once upon a time I liked the older kid, Frederick, but now Christopher Plummer is the total hottie in that picture.
But it still makes me smile.

Rocketgirl said...

We had a day a few weeks ago where there was some sun and I felt like a new person. Then it got all cloudy and cold again and now I am permanently grumpy. There's something about being able to go outside with a coat that makes me happy happy.

Also, Solei is running around the living room trying to dance along with the TV. That makes me smile:)

Anonymous said...

Excuuuuuse Me!!
What makes you think that a Super Fine your mother's age ain't fine anymore....mmm?! My students ask me how old I am and I tell 'em 84. Drops their jaws every time. Then they argue with me and tell me I'm only 40. Thank you VERY MUCH :D