Monday, February 16, 2009

Laundering Monies

Did you know that Canadian quarters don't work in washing machines here in the states? For the last two months I have not been able to use the drying machine in my apartment complex on account of the jamming coin slot - which has made for a grand first northeast winter. Well turns out I just discovered a rogue coin from the north country in my laundry money. I can't help but wonder how much of this 'legal tough' has managed to infiltrate this country's laundromats over the years? And maybe that's the cause behind the economic turmoil; we've been using pesos! No, that's silly. I guess what I'm trying to say is next time a vending machine spits back at you, you best check for dubious dinars.


3 comments:

Jane said...

OMG, so cute!! And yeah, their money is *just* diferent enough that sometimes it won't fit. Crazy Canadians...

Anonymous said...

thx for the chuckle.
great writing

Anonymous said...

yeah but...nothin' beats the multi-edge Susan B. Anthony silve dolla. or...how about the Thomas Jefferson $2 bill? Stumps clerks every time.